Kala which means «fortress» is a historic settlement, where are located 243 historical and architectural monuments. There are numerous mosques, baths, ovdans, residential and utility rooms. There is a citadel of the XIV century on the hill, which was the historical center of the village. From the Tower of the citadel have remained only remnants of the fortress walls and the adjoining medieval Juma Mosque. There is an ethnographic museum on the outskirts, in one of the rural houses. In the foreground of the courtyard there is an acting well. The museum contains a collection of stones with epigraphic inscriptions and drawings from around the Absheron peninsula.
There were several baths on the territory of the village. One of them - an underground sauna by the lake, that has been dug up recently. It was believed that the salt water lake has healing power. In the village there are several wells and ovdans, that served for the collection of groundwater. The most ancient Ovdan preserved in the cemetery. It was built in the time of Shah Abbas II and dates back to 1665. Taking into account that Kala settlement is of special interest from the historical and architectural and artistic point of view, the territory of the settlement of more than 200 hectares was declared a State Historical and ethnographic preserve.